Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for Fuel Assistance? Food Stamps?

Make an appointment with the Social Services Coordinator to fill out an application.

How much do the lunchtime meals cost?

The requested donation of $1.75.

Is there van transportation for seniors?

Yes, either through Hulmes Transportation (subsidized by PVTA) or through the Senior Center. Call Hulmes at (413) 739-7436 to arrange for door-to-door transportation - $2.00 each way. The Senior Center provides van transportation on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for shopping and "Around Town" on Tuesdays - $2.00 round trip. Call the Senior Center to make a reservation (413) 596-8379.

I need a ride for a medical appointment. Can you help?

Call the Senior Center at 596-8379 as much in advance as possible to arrange for a ride. Volunteer drivers take you to and from the appointments.

Is there a membership fee?

No. Monthly newsletters are mailed to each household with a family member over the age of 60 at no cost; however, we do request a $5.00 donation to help with the cost of printing and postage. We are supported by tax dollars as well as grants from Greater Springfield Senior Services and the Executive Office of Elder Affairs. We welcome all seniors but when class size is limited, preference is given to Wilbraham seniors.