Open Space & Recreation Plan Committee
The Open Space and Recreation Plan Committee (OS&RPC) develops multi-year plans for Wilbraham in order to qualify the Town for State funding of open space and recreation land purchases.
Goals of the 2022-2028 Updated Plan include:
- Maintaining an ongoing base of support for the Open Space and Recreation Plan from Town boards and from the public through education and cooperation, communicated through public meetings, newspapers and the Town website.
- Promoting active growth management to reduce residential sprawl and prevent open space / recreation land fragmentation.
- Fostering inter-connectivity of Town lands throughout Wilbraham through formal, well-maintained trail systems.
- Preserving and protecting environmental resources, including wetlands, water resources, upland wildlife habitat and wildlife travel corridors and encouraging synergy among all community, state and regional partners for conservation and preservation.
- Steve Lawson
- Judi Theocles
- Tracey Plantier
- Matt Frasier
- Susan Burk
- Joe Calabrese
Planning for the Future
Open space and recreation are vitally important to any community. Linkage among open space areas within Wilbraham via walking trails remains the highest priority for the Open Space and Recreation Plan Committee.
- This Land is Your Land
- Hiking Sites in Wilbraham
- Map of Conservation and Recreation Land (PDF)
- Important Hunting Season Information (PDF)
- Tick Safety
- Volunteers: Trail Maintenance and Projects
- The Crane Hill / Twelve Mile Recreation Area
- Thayer Brook Trailwalk
- The Easy Trail at Thayer Brook
- The Alton's Way Trailwalk
- Oakland Trailwalk
- Rice Preserve / Sunrise Peak Trailwalk
- Sawmill Trailwalk
- Sunrise Peak Trailwalk from Hollow Road
- Fountain Park
- The White Cedar Swamp Trailwalk
- The Mount Marcy Trailwalk
- Wilbraham Hiking Club
- Wilbraham Hiking Trails (Brochure) (PDF)