Spec Pond Pavilion Rentals
PINNEY PAVILION AT SPEC POND
Please call the Recreation Office: 413-596-2816, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm to inquire about rentals.
Please download the rental application (above) with all the details and fees regarding pavilion rentals.This application must be accompanied with the required fee(s) before reservations can be confirmed. In the packet, you will find the necessary information for your rental (fees, options, rental procedures, etc). A reservation takes time to confirm and the rental calendar fills fast. Please give the office a call to see if the date you are looking for is available before submitting your rental application.
The Town of Wilbraham is proud to offer outstanding facilities at Spec Pond for events such as weddings, showers, birthday parties, company and church picnics, reunions, and all kinds of other events from May through September.
The park-like facilities include:
- An open-sided pavilion with picnic tables (Pavilion can hold up to about 200-250 people)
- An updated kitchen with sinks and a refrigerator/freezer and ice machine (no stove or oven, but outlets are available for crock pots, etc.)
- Restrooms (one is handicap accessible)
- A covered barbecue pit for grilling
- State-of-the-art Country Bank "accessible to all" playground is beside the pavilion area.
Basketball courts, fields and the beach/splash pad are not included in the rental. They may be reserved for an additional fee if available. Please see the rental packet. Inflatables are allowed only under certain conditions and must have approval prior to the rental. There are other restrictions, so be sure to understand them before you confirm your rental. Information on various requirements and permits can be found in the application packet.
Responsibilities of Renters
The facility can be reserved on weekdays and weekends, generally from May through October. The area is open from 9:00 am and closes at 10:00 pm. Town-sponsored events have priority.
Those interested in renting the Spec Pond Facilities should understand their responsibilities include:
- Requesting and processing appropriate paperwork with the Recreation Department
- Securing, if deemed necessary, all permits and licenses
- Submitting proper payment with the rental contract (appropriate checks)
- Obtaining the key a few days prior to the scheduled event
- Providing appropriate clean-up of the facility when the event is finished
- There are trash bins on the premises. Renters must place all rubbish in the bins at the close of the event
- Cleaning supplies and brooms are located in the pavilion to assist in the post-event clean-up. A complete checklist will be issued when keys are picked up.
A fee is charged for the rental of the Spec Pond facility according to which facilities are being reserved and the amount of time you will be using the facility. Rates can be found in the rental packet. These rates are determined at the time of rental. A $250 security deposit is required and will be refunded after the facility has been inspected for post-event facility conditions, the keys have been returned, etc.
Reservations for the Spec Pond area opens the first business day of January within the calendar year on a first-come, first-served basis. Patrons who have reserved a specific date for several years in a row will have first priority for that date. Once reservations are confirmed, refunds will not be given unless the date can be filled with another event. A $25.00 cancellation fee will be charged even if your date can be re-booked.
If you have any questions regarding the rental of the Spec Pond facility, call the Wilbraham Parks and Recreation Department between 8:30 am and 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday at (413) 596-2816.