The Town of Wilbraham was incorporated in 1763, but it was not until the early 20th century that the need for a fire department was realized. The year was 1919, and in that year, the Town voted to purchase a chemical engine and hose cart. The Town purchased a 1919 REO Speedwagon and also appointed a Board of Fire Commissioners. The Town Meeting that year appointed J.M. Perry, C.C. Stewart, and F.A. Warren. The Town Meeting also voted to construct a one-stall firehouse near the site of the present-day fire headquarters on Boston Road.